The aim of this program is to provide assistance and support to Spanish- speaking families. This program can assist families with a range of issues such as relationship support, parenting support, education, health, living and the home environment and welfare.
By enhancing family relationships and improving personal lifestyles, the program’s objective is to provide a stable and secure environment for all children, by providing education and support for parents.
This program provides assistance and support to Spanish- speaking families with children under the age of 18 years, who live in the following local government areas:
- Moonee Valley
- Hobsons Bay
CELAS provides support for Spanish- speaking families via the following services:
- Access to a range of information and support to any family member, including welfare, housing, health, education and employment.
- Short term counselling for a range of issues and assistance to families or individuals experiencing difficulties such as, problems with relationships, domestic violence, issues with education and child management and child development.
- Advocacy for individuals or families in cases where their rights and responsibilities have been compromised and their right to privacy.
- Assistance with accessing other services, either within CELAS and other mainstream services.
- Financial aid in the form of food vouchers. This service is only available in extreme and emergency cases, such as those experiencing poor health, violence and detachment from the family. It may be accessed by low income families or individuals.
Are you interested in this service?
To find out more or access this service, please contact CELAS from Monday to Friday on (03) 9600 4633. Our opening hours: 09:00am - 05:00pm. Appointments are required to access this service.