Community Aged Care Packages provide services to frail aged people with more complex care needs, or who require a greater range of services to help them continue living at home. These services are planned and coordinated by an approved aged care service provider in order to:
- Extended care for frail and elderly people to continue living in their own homes independently and to participate in the community.
- Prevent inappropriate or premature admission to a home for the elderly.
- Provide a personalized service of assistance with highly qualified Spanish-speaking staff.
Eligibility for Community Aged Care Packages is determined by an Aged Care Assessment Team.
You may be referred to receive packages care by: a hospital social worker, your family doctor or even you can directly go to CELAS to carry out the necessary steps to start using packages of care at home.
To receive this service the person must be at least 70 years and should be evaluated by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)
The outcome of this assessment will determine if a package of care services is the best choice for you, or if you need other types of services.
Then you will be put on the waiting list until CELAS will accepts and begins to provide services to the client.
CELAS may assist you in obtaining this assessment.
What happens then?
Once accepted by us:
- the worker will contact you to make an appointment and together with you and your family or whom represent you, develop your package of care according to your needs where detailing services to receive.
- You will have the right to negotiate on the types and levels of care need.
- The employee shall consult with a family and inform you about the costs of the service. Your financial situation is taken into account to reach an agreement, either if you have a pension or other income. However not be denied service who have financial difficulties.
These services at CELAS are managed and coordinated by a qualified worker (case Manager) to work with elderly people and also communicate in Spanish, who will be available to accommodate each individual and develop a care plane based on the ACAT Assessment and make any changes according to the clients needs and changes.
A Community Aged Care Package may include:
- Delivery of meals prepared at home: this service provides a nutrient food for those who are unable to prepare their personal diet need. The food consists of juices, a large portion of meal, dessert and soup. You can choose from a menu of 4 different meals, every day.
- Assistance in personal care: personal care provides assistance with hygiene and personal care. Includes for example: assistance in dressing and bathing, helps to stand up and lie down, and other things.
- Personal assistance: assistance with purchasing and attend medical appointments; It provides assistance with payment of accounts, shopping at the supermarket, shopping malls, transport it to the pool and other things.
- Assistance in home help: Home help service provides assistance in day to day in the housework. Includes for example; vaccum, cleaning of floors, cleaning bathrooms, ironing, change of sheets, remove dust, and many more.
- Respite Care: this service is to provide company to the elderly or client while the caregiver has a break. This service is available for:
- Senior’s with sensitive health
- Elderly people suffering from dementia or disability
- Social activities: social activities are Planned Activity Groups and Friendly Visiting. To help you stay active and participate in community activities. Some activities include; day centres where people of their same age may share activities, culture and attend excursions and much more.
- Friendly Visiting: company to older people who remain alone, to improve their quality of life. Those interested in this service may receive a visit from a volunteer in your home, communicate by telephone, walking at a park or commercial zone, read books, watch television or participate in recreational activities.
If the preferred choice is for your loved one to stay at home, then care and support can be provided through different programs and initiatives, offering clinical advice, companionship, mobility aids, domestic help and other services.
Home care is arranged with the aid of community workers at CELAS, who will interview the client and his/her relatives, providing advice and advocacy with the relevant organizations and institutions.
Are you interested in this service ?
If you require any help or advice in accessing the home and community care services, do not hesitate to contact the Case Manager for CELAS CACP’s - regarding care at home for the elderly. Call us on (03) 9600 4633. Opening hours: 09:00am - 05:00pm (Monday to Friday)