The main objective of this program is to facilitate the access of Spanish speaking elderly to existing aged care services.
Spanish speaking elderly and their family and/or carers can benefit from this program.
This program is provided through the following services:
- Information, assistance and support service: This service provides the opportunity to consult with a worker about care options for seniors, residential options, day care centers, referrals to other services, support to caregivers and other important issues relevant for the elderly.
- Information Sessions: CELAS plans, develops and delivers information sessions in Spanish related to issues relevant to the physical and emotional health and wellbeing of the elderly and their carers.
- Resources for the elderly and / or their family: The aged care guide for the elderly has useful information about: (See Guide)
- Home care and community care.
- Directory of health professionals who speak Spanish.
- Directory of aged care homes with Spanish speaking residents or staff.
- Resources in Spanish about aged care and health
- Links to other relevant organizations
- Carer’s Support: CELAS recognizes the important and demanding task of caring for a person with special needs. Therefore, CELAS provides information, assistance and support to Spanish-speaking caregivers.
A carer may be caring for someone who is aged and frail, someone with a disability, mental illness or chronic disease.
In partnership with Carers Victoria, CELAS has developed a support group for carers. This group is designed to promote the exchange of experiences and information among Spanish-speaking carers, promoting mutual support and strengthening relationships between participants.
The support group for carers aims to improve the health and wellbeing for carers by providing information, knowledge and skills that will assist carers to include self care as part of their caring.
Are you a caregiver or know someone who would benefit from the support available to carers, please contact CELAS.
Are you interested in this service?
For further information regarding this service, please contact CELAS on (03) 9600 4633. Opening hours: 09:00am - 05:00pm (Monday to Friday). Appointments are required to access this service.