Schooling in Australia starts with a preparatory year followed by 12 years of primary and secondary school.
In the final year of secondary school, Year 12, you can study for a government-endorsed certificate that is recognised for further study by all Australian universities and vocational and technical education institutions.
This Senior Secondary Certificate of Education is also recognised for entry into many international universities.
For more information about this topic, see the following links:
- What is the Australian Education System? (External link)
- Departmen of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations (External link)
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (External link)
- Education System - Australian Education International (External link)
- Study in Australia (External link)
- Australian Education System - Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (External link)